At the request of the payers accessing Center Care’s network, Center Care is required to collect a W-9 for every Tax Identification Number (TIN) in the network. The W-9 must be the most current form version available from the IRS. Please note the following to ensure your W-9 is accurate:
- The purpose of a W-9 is to tell Payers the name and address your TIN is registered under with the IRS. If you are not sure what this is, please reference a recent document sent to you by the IRS.
- When completing your W-9 Form:
- Line 1 of the W-9 is Mandatory.
- Line 2 of the W-9 is Optional (DBA).
- The address on the W-9 can, but is NOT required, to match the billing address. Again, the W-9 address should be what the IRS has on file for the TIN, which may or may not be the same as your billing address.
- Please ensure your W-9 matches EXACTLY the way the IRS has your name and address listed, including abbreviations (St vs. Saint, Road vs. Rd, Ste vs. Suite, etc.).
- The W-9 must be signed and dated.
- Should your W-9 name or address change, please submit an updated W-9 along with the names of all affected providers to be updated.
Please make sure your W-9 accurately reflects the information the IRS has on file for your TIN to prevent potential delays in reimbursement.